Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Introduction to the 2016 Election Crisis

Although there is less than two weeks left in the 2016 Presidential Election Cycle, there are a few things I want to express before it ends. I should state out the outset that I did not support Donald Trump in the primaries. And even now, I have serious concerns about his ability to effectively govern the United States. But one thing I am sure about: to allow Hillary Clinton to win will be the end to the American political system as we know it. That may appear to be hyperbolic rhetoric, kind of like the vagrant holding the sign proclaiming the apocalypse is near. But I believe we are at a turning point of basic American values. It seems like almost daily, the corporate media complex presents a new jingoistic phrasing or statement that we are supposed to emotionally buy into no matter how illogical or antithetical to American values. This particular series of blogs is an attempt to archive some of these very scary and chilling ideas before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment